Monday, August 31, 2015

Project Sisiyam Na Linya

I've been working on some poems lately. Poems that are short and hopefully works to every person who found these poems relational to their day to day lives and their current situation.

I started calling them "Sisiyam na Linya" or #SisiyamNaLinya which mean 9 Liners.

I put a rule in creating these poems before it can be considered Sisiyam. Following are the criteria I've made for you to consider it as one:


  1. One (1) Stanza only.
  2. Nine (9) lines only.
  3. Alternating Rhymes (where line 1, 3,5,7,9 should rhyme and line 2,4,6,8 should rhyme)
It's quite simple and I hope you can create one. It can be of any language, so let have those creative juices work as poems can help us distress and as well as let lose at some point.

Here's my sample and hope you like it:

Title: Ripped
by: Yu Kaito


And now the pain is inevitable
Will you lend a hand?
I just don’t know if this is sensible,
Enough to the clout to run,
Escape from the reality and be invincible.
Even just for once I triumph; and
My presence will become powerful;
And my thoughts are medicines that cures the wound
You left when you derelict my core…



I will shortly create an article to explain #Ripped.

For those who will be creating Sisiyams please use #Sisiyam or #SisiyamNaLinya or #9Liners.

You can follow me at IG: iamyukon for updates on my poems.


No comments:

Post a Comment